Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 4

Today we finally woke up at noon (which is a lot earlier than we have been waking up). Jet lag has gotten the best of us all.
Today we walked to the Colosseum then took a cab over to a car lot to buy a car. No luck! I think they were trying to take advantage of us (being Americans who spoke no Italian). We have decided to buy a car in Lucca, which we are headed to on Sunday. Our friends family is there and they are willing to help us.
As for Rome, the history that surrounds us is magical. It is a big and busy city so I am ready to experience Lucca which is about 3 hours from here in Tuscany. It lies between Florence and the coast...........perfect! I am ready to have a "home" where we can settle in and cook our own meals. I am ready to become part of a community.........become regulars at the local market and cafe. That's another thing, coffee here is very simple. Not like Starbuck or Pete's (my personal favorite for many reasons). I have learned to enjoy cappuccinos. A little different than the large, nonfat, chai latte with only 2 pumps, no water, and extra hot.
They don't have coffee to go.  Life here is not "to go". They stop and enjoy life.........one thing I truly appreciate about the culture here.

It has been about 90 degrees during the day and about 75-80 degrees at night. That's my favorite part..........I love warm evenings! I don't miss the morning and evening Petaluma fog! But, I am however, still a little homesick. As to be expected........

Good night everyone.
Much Love,
The Lapera Crew

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!!! I love your adventure! Keep it coming.... xo heather

    ReplyDelete